Chloe had taken a yellow marker and colored all over her nose. Someone gave Chloe a set of scented markers for her birthday last year. Lemon seems to be her favorite scent. Earlier today when I was coloring with Chloe she kept smelling the yellow marker and saying, "Smell it mommy. It smells like yummy lemons." I guess she thought that if it was all over her nose she wouldn't need the marker. I couldn't stop laughing. Of course the scented markers will have to disappear. Chloe also thought it was funny until I told her I didn't know if I would be able to get it all off. She was very distressed with the idea of going through life with a yellow nose. Luckily after a lot of soap and scrubbing it all came off. I don't think she'll try that trick again.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Scented Markers: Not Reccomended for 4 year Olds
When Chloe got up from her nap today she went into the craft room to color. This is not unusual for her. She is very creative. A short time later she came upstairs and gave me her big "I just did something noddy now guess what it is" smile. As I started to ask her what she had done her smile got bigger. This is when I took a closer look at her and realized that there was something not right about her nose.

Chloe had taken a yellow marker and colored all over her nose. Someone gave Chloe a set of scented markers for her birthday last year. Lemon seems to be her favorite scent. Earlier today when I was coloring with Chloe she kept smelling the yellow marker and saying, "Smell it mommy. It smells like yummy lemons." I guess she thought that if it was all over her nose she wouldn't need the marker. I couldn't stop laughing. Of course the scented markers will have to disappear. Chloe also thought it was funny until I told her I didn't know if I would be able to get it all off. She was very distressed with the idea of going through life with a yellow nose. Luckily after a lot of soap and scrubbing it all came off. I don't think she'll try that trick again.
Chloe had taken a yellow marker and colored all over her nose. Someone gave Chloe a set of scented markers for her birthday last year. Lemon seems to be her favorite scent. Earlier today when I was coloring with Chloe she kept smelling the yellow marker and saying, "Smell it mommy. It smells like yummy lemons." I guess she thought that if it was all over her nose she wouldn't need the marker. I couldn't stop laughing. Of course the scented markers will have to disappear. Chloe also thought it was funny until I told her I didn't know if I would be able to get it all off. She was very distressed with the idea of going through life with a yellow nose. Luckily after a lot of soap and scrubbing it all came off. I don't think she'll try that trick again.